Accommodation and meeting spaces in Llanelli, South-West Wales. Stay with a group or bring your family.
Our family friendly, hostel style accommodation is called Y Doc (Welsh for The Dock) and reflects our dock-side location. Historically, Llanelli played a significant role within industry in South Wales, exporting coal from three small docks, along with copper and tin which was produced in the town itself.
Located at our World Horizons Community Hub, Y Doc is just 750 yards from the local beach. The Millennium Coastal Path provides a link between Llanelli and Pembrey Country Park, giving 13 miles of traffic free cycling and walking with views to the Gower and Carmarthen Bay.
The hostel is well situated, just 20 minutes from the M4 and within easy reach of the Brecon Beacons, the Gower Peninsula and Tenby.
We can accommodate up to 85 guests. Whether you stay in our low-priced hostel style private rooms, or our cosy family bedrooms, we want to ensure that all your party will be comfortable.
Y Doc is a perfect venue for a conference, retreat, youth event, or for an extended family gathering for a special occasion. Also, if you are simply looking for somewhere affordable to stay when visiting South-West Wales, it is an excellent value-for-money choice where you will receive a warm welcome.
‘Our hope is that all our guests leave feeling recharged, after time-away at our versatile venue.’
- Meeting rooms with sound system, keyboard, screen, and projector provision.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Fully equipped kitchen and dining area.
- Catering service is available at competitive rates for larger groups.
- Shared bathrooms, located at back hallway.
- Spacious, shared lounge with comfortable sofas, books to browse and a kitchenette.
- Games room with table tennis, darts, and a pool table.
- Children’s playroom.
- Garden including barbecue facilities and picnic benches.
- Bed linen provided.
- Family rooms with king sized or double beds, and single bed/s including superior cotton bedding.
- Hostel style rooms are a combination of bunk beds and single beds.
- All bedrooms are private and have secure, combination coded doors.
- Free on-site parking.